Saturday 10 September 2011

Author Interview: Augusta Blythe

Augusta Blythe has written Winterborne.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Augusta Blythe and I currently reside in England but I am American.


2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Winterborne - a fantastical tale about love, death and BFF's.


3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Winterborne is the first of a three-part series (yes, thats a trilogy, I know).  I am hoping to have the second book out in October or November.  


4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
Ive been making up stories since before I could write words.  My great-grandmother has been a huge inspiration to me over the years, even though she died before I was born.  She was the epitome of the plucky heroine with a steel spine and a sense of adventure.


5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? 
Yes, ebooks only though.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?  
My brother-in-law is a very talented fella in London and he designs my covers.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?  
On a drive down to Dorset with my family in the bleakest of Februarys, we drove past a village called Winterbourne and I liked the word.

8. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?  
Nothing about the content.  Id love to change the number of marketing dollars behind it, though!

9. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers? 
No.  Im not sure about book trailers yet.  I dont watch them and I dont know anyone who watches them, but if they catch on, Im game.

10. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I have a Kindle with a cover that has the built-in light and when Im sitting in the dark waiting for my daughter to go to sleep, it beats every other form, hands down.

11. Are you a self-published / Indie author? 
I am self-published.  Im thinking about coining a new phrase, though, since everyone seems unhappy with the current options. Maybe a rogue author.

12. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it? 
Definitely.  Margaret Atwoods The Blind Assassin, Jane Austens everything, Jonathan Carrolls Outside the Dog Museum, Edith Hamiltons Greek Mythology. 

13. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format? 
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman in paperback.  It was a birthday present and Im really enjoying it.

14. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog:  http://augustablythe.blogspot.com






Winterborne is also available on OmniLit and iTunes.


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment