Sunday 4 September 2011

Author Interview: K. C. Blake


K. C. Blake has written Vampires Rule and Crushed.



1.  What is your name and where do you call home?

Hi. My name is K. C. (Kasi) Blake, and I currently live in Missouri.


2.  What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Crushed:  Teen witches play a dangerous game at school using their powers.  One girl puts the spell on the wrong boy.

3.  Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Crushed is part of the Witch-Game series. The next book will be Witch Hunt.  I also have Vampires Rule and Werewolves Rule which are part of a six book series with Shifters Rule up next.


4.      How did you come up with the title for your book?

All of the Witch-Game books are named after the games the witches are playing.  Vampires Rule came from the argument about Team Edward or Team Jacob. Which is the best creature to be?

5.   Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
If it is a book I want to keep forever, I prefer hardcover.  Otherwise I like e-books because they don’t clutter my home.

6.  Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I was traditionally published by Harlequin a few times, but I love being an Indie Writer.  Giving up control of my books was hard. Editors at Harlequin changed everything from my title to the name of my main character. Now I am in control of my books.

7. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
 I am currently re-reading City of Glass.  I love Cassandra Clare.

8. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
The best advice is not to give up no matter how hopeless it seems. After getting published with Harlequin I thought I had it made, but things fell apart. My advice for other writers is to take all reviews of your work with a grain of salt. You will not please everyone no matter how hard you try.

9. Where can your readers follow you?


Twitter name: KasiBlake

I also have fan pages on Facebook under K. C. Blake and Vampires Rule
I am on Goodreads too.


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment