Tuesday 20 September 2011

Author Interview: Stacey Thompson-Geer

Stacey Thompson-Geer has written The 13th Witch, Silver Moon and Dark Magick among others.



1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Stacey Thompson-Geer. I live in Laramie, Wy at this time.

2. Do you have a pen name? 
I do have a separate pen name for some of my work, but this is my real name.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 
The most recent work I have out is called Dark Moon Rising and it’s the second part of The 13th Witch Series. I’d say it’s surprising, different, witchy and fun.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
I always have plans for new books. I’m working on the last in The 13th Witch Series. It’s called Final Stand. I’m also working on a full length novel with Rose from Silver Moon.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing? 
I always wanted to write. I started when I was in JR High with Horror and dark short stories. I still tend to write dark, but there might be a little more humor and possibly Romance as well.

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? 
I do.

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
I design the covers for most of my books. I take the parts of the story that seem important and try to incorperate that into my covers.

8. How did you come up with the title for your book? 
Silver Moon’s title came easily. It fit the story even though it’s about a Vampire rather than a Werewolf as most think, but there are Werewolves added in and other supernatural creatures.

9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why? 
I think I’d like to go into the culture of the different groups a little more. I’ve been working on some novella’s that fall within the world to help with this, but I think that is where there is more questions than answers.

10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers? 
I do have trailers for most of my work. I like them. They give a visual to the book you are reading.

11. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks? 
I like all of the mediums. I do have a ton more E-books, but I also have paperbacks and some classic hardcovers.

12. Are you a self-published / Indie author? 
I do prefer to self publish. I like having control of my work. The downside of that is I know my books have more errors in them, but I still wouldn’t change it. I do have a few that are published with Silver Publishing and Wild Horse Press.

13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I have. If I really like the book, I will.

14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format? 
I’m reading Darkness Decending by Devyn Quinn. I’m reading it in paperback this time.

15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
I think anyone that wants to put in the work to write, should follow their dreams and write. The market is changing and there are more opportunities to do what you love. You just have to be willing to work. The best advice I’ve been given is to read as much or more than you write. This way you understand styles and you can see grammar in action.

16.   Where can your readers follow you?




Twitter: @staceytg





Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me today. :)

    Stacey Thompson-Geer

    ReplyDelete