Saturday 31 March 2012

Author Interview: Emmalee Aple


Emmalee Aple has written Neophyte.

1. What is your name and where do you call home? 
My name is Nicole, and I call Wisconsin home. 

2. Do you have a pen name? 
Yep, I write under the name Emmalee Aple. 

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 
Neophyte is my most recent book, and to sum it up in 20 words or less… wow, hm… Alright here goes… Through some unfortunate events, Addisyn finds her Link’s lies and secrecy could kill them all, unless she can save them. (wow, that was really tough, 20 on the mark!) 

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
Neophyte is the first in it’s series, I already have books 2 and 3 planned out with room for a 4th. 

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing? 
I don’t really know what or who inspired me to start writing, I just need an outlet for my creative energies. I have been writing for fun since about I was 8 or 9, but for serious since I was about 26. 

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews? 
I do, for book reviewers and bloggers. 

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
The cover actually was originally a completely different concept. But when I first started talking to the amazing graphic artist who helped me create it, Kerry Greil, I realized I wanted something much simpler than what I had. I designed the cover, my friend Stephanie from Munchkin Moments by Stephanie, took the photo and the awesome Kerry Greil did the magic to turn it into a cover! 

8. Are you a self-published / Indie author? 
I am! After many attempts at getting picked up by an agent, I realized just how tight the market is for YA, so I decided to publish myself. I am always looking though, and will soon get my book out in paper. 

9. Have you ever read a book more than once? 
And if so what was it? I do! Only a select few though. And it’s usually so that way I remember the characters when another book in the series comes out. 

10. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover? 
I am guilty of this, yes. When I used to have to check books out of the library, I would always just grab a book that looked interesting before reading what it was about. 

11. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format? 
I read almost everything in e-book format. I am currently reading two books, the first is a beta read for a friend of mine, the lovely Jessie Andersen. And the other book is the Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. 

12. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing? 
My advice for other writers - Don’t give up. Writing is hard work, and it takes dedication, so don’t let the little bumps in the road steer you away from it! The best advice given to me was to not let rejection and reviews get you down, to use them for the positive, they can only make you a better and stronger writer. 

13. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog: www.emmaleeaple.com

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=...

Goodreads author page:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/575...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/EmmaleeAple 

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Neophyte-ebook/dp/...

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13...

Barnes and Nobles: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/neophyte...


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment