Monday 2 April 2012

Author Interview: Kimberly Pauley



Kimberly Pauley has written Cat Girl's Day Off, Sucks To Be Me and Still Sucks To Be Me.


1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Kimberly Pauley and I’m currently calling London, England home. We moved here from Chicago last December.

2. Do you have a pen name?
Nope! Though if I ever write for adults, I might use one.

3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
My next book comes out in April 2012. It’s called Cat Girl’s Day Off. Let’s see…exactly 20 words: Nat can talk to cats. Totally a Class D Talent. But sometimes, what saves the day isn’t brawn or brains.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Cat Girl’s Day Off might be the start of a series. But I’m also working on a totally new book that’s much darker and less silly than any of my previous books (like the Sucks to Be Me series which is definitely on the funny side).

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve always written. I cut my teeth on Edgar Allen Poe and Robert Heinlein and Mercedes Lackey and…oh, too many to name.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
The publisher(s) have always had control of my covers. For the Sucks to Be Me books, Emi Tanji was very involved with the design and also did all the doodles in the books.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
For Cat Girl’s Day Off, it’s a reference back to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off because there’s quite a tie-in between the two.

8. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
Not yet. Well, actually, there are a number of fan-made ones for my first two books. For Cat Girl’s Day Off I’m debating about having one made. I like them, but I’m not entirely sure how useful they are. The jury is still out on that.

9. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
Hardcovers and paperbacks for me.

10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
No, I’ve just been traditionally published.

11. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Oh heavens yes! Many of them. I couldn’t even list them all. Like all the Jane Austen books. Douglas Adams. Heinlein. Asimov. Mercedes Lackey. Piers Anthony…the list goes on.

12. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I just finished Tankborn by Karen Sandler. I read it as an eBook, which was a first for me actually. Great book! Am excited to hear that there will be two sequels.

13. Where can your readers follow you?






Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment