Friday 4 May 2012

Author Interview: Jennifer Brown

Jennifer Brown has written In Jen's Words.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
My name is Jennifer Brown, and I’m from Springfield Ohio.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
In Jen’s Words: Facing the Issues is about a young woman who along with her brother is placed under the care of their oldest brother after their parents are killed in a car crash. Years later, as the siblings are trying to pick up the pieces, Jen’s mental illness is revealed at the worst possible time for her brother, as he runs for mayor.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I plan to make it part of a series. I am working on the second book now.

4. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I started writing in third grade. My reading teacher put us into groups to write a story, and I had so much fun I was hooked from then on!

5. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I wanted something that showed Jen and Tammy (her alter personality), to readers. Dakota Trace designed my cover.

6. Which is your favorite cover of all the books you have written?
I love the cover for In Jen’s Words.

7. Is there anything you would change about your book covers?
Not at all.

8. Would you have different book covers for different countries?
Personally I would not, unless there was something on the original cover that would be offensive to another country. It would make it easier to find if it was the same cover for every nationality.

9. How did you come up with the title for your book?
It came to me one day while I was sitting outside. It was just one of those things that come to you out of the blue. And it fit the storyline well, since Jen is a writer.

10. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
The only thing may be to change Jen’s name. I have had a few people question why the name of the main character is modeled after my own. I did originally base her off me when I began the storyline years ago. I just never saw the need to change it when I started re-writing it about three years ago. I was more concerned with the plotline. The only thing this Jen and I have in common is our passion for writing.

11. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
I do, and plan to release it soon. I love book trailers. I really love what the internet has done to make promoting books interesting and fun.

12. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
I like paperbacks most, but will read a hardcover or an E-book.

13. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
No, I just consider myself a suspense author.

14. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I think I used to do that when I was much younger. There was this one book my mom ordered for me from a book club at school, that I read continually. I don’t remember the title, but it was about sisters and the younger one was named Star. I loved that book, but now I don’t think I could read a book over again. When the element of surprise is gone, and you know what’s going to happen, that kind of does it for me.

15. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version)
No, the only thing that draws me to a book is the plot line. The cover could be nothing more than a plain color, with the title on it, but if it has a great storyline I want it.

16. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
No. Never judge a book by it’s cover.

17. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it?
No, that would be judging the book by it’s cover. The blurb and title is always what draws me.

18. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler in hardcover.

19. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
If you truly love what you are doing, do not let anyone try and talk you out of it.

20. Where can your readers follow you?



Other: My official website www.jenniferbrownauthor.weebly.com



Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment