Tuesday 23 July 2013

Author Interview: Eric Griffith

Eric Griffith has written Kali: The Ghosting Of Selpulcher Bay.

1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Eric Griffith, and I live in the idyllic college town of Ithaca, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
Kali: The Ghosting Of Sepulcher Bay is about a girl with a ghost possession problem who has to save the world from the dead taking over the living.

3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Kali is book one of a series; I'm working on the sequel right now, and I'm sure there will be a third. Everything must be a trilogy, it's a rule. 

4. How long have you been writing?
I got seriously back into fiction writing after taking many years off about 8 years ago. My advice to writers: don't take any years off. 

5. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Totally.

6. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I'm friends with some very talented photographers and designers. We took a friend of mine out to a cemetery, dressed her up like Kali, took some photos, and I let them work their magic. 

7. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?
I'm very partial to the cover of my first published novel, Beta Test, which features the lead character screaming in terror at the approach of a giant monster – a scene which is definitely in the book. 

8. Did you listen to any particular songs whilst writing your books?
The works of John Williams from many many movies inspires me to be my most dramatic and cinematic. 

9. How did you come up with the title for your book?
Beta Test was the title of the book before I even wrote it. For Kali: The Ghosting Of Sepulcher Bay, it's a Frankenstein-y title where I wanted to get a lot of elements in there about the setting, the character, and her problem. It's probably way to long, and definitely a pain to type all the time!

10. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I'm lucky in that Beta Test was traditionally published (by Hadley Rille Books www.hadleyrillebooks.com); but with Kali I decided to try my hand at indie publishing all by myself. 

11. What is your favourite book genre at the moment?
I'm totally addicted to crime thrillers by the likes of Michael Connelly and John Sandford. 

12. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I'm listening to the serialized version of The Human Division by John Scalzi, and sometimes I get installments as an ebook for Kindle, sometimes I get the audiobook from Audible.com. It depends. They're about an hour each. 

13. Where can your readers follow you?

Blog: http://www.squishedfrog.com


Thankyou so much for taking the time to do this interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world!

No comments:

Post a Comment